We’re very excited to be able to confirm that ‘Devon Historic Flight’ will be attending Devon D-Day 2016 on Saturday 4th June! This will involve 2 x Austers and 4 x Cubs forming a static display on the beach.
The current plan is for the planes to arrive at Saunton from the Bideford direction. They will land on a mock airfield which will be created on the beach to form a static display. This will give visitors the rare opportunity to view the stunning wartime planes up close. The aircraft will depart at around midday.
We’re sure you’ll agree that this is a unique opportunity not to be missed!
Please note that the above plan is subject to change due to weather conditions on the day. A NOTAM has been filed for this event.
We can also confirm the following vehicles will be in attendance:
+ A selection of Jeeps (one towing 75mm Pak AT howitzer which he’s hoping to fire!)
+ Six South Wales Borderers (Gold Beach D-Day) complete with their wartime bicycles
This is a family event and is FREE to attend. For more details please visit Devon D-Day 2016.
Directions from Barnstaple:
• From Barnstaple, follow signs for the A361 towards Braunton.
• Continue on the A361 until you reach Braunton.
• At the Braunton traffic lights (you’ll see the Hunter shop on your left), turn left onto Caen Street.
• Continue on Caen Street until it becomes Saunton Road.
• Continue on Saunton Road for approx. 1.5 miles.
• Pass Saunton Golf Club, and shortly after you’ll find a left turning into Saunton Beach (If you pass Saunton Sands Hotel you’ve gone too far!).
Parking is available at Saunton Beach Car Park. Standard hourly fee applies.