Saunton Beach – One of the MOST Dog-Friendly Beaches in Devon!
Saunton is a hugely dog-friendly beach that welcomes waggy tails 365 days of the year, making it a perfect location to holiday with your dog – even more so if you choose to stay at Saunton Beach Villas who welcome visitors with four legged friends to stay.
Where are dogs permitted on the Beach?
As you reach the end of the slipway, dog walkers are asked to please turn LEFT; dogs are not permitted on the small space to the right of the slipway. If the beach is busy, dog owners are politely asked to keep dogs on the lead until they are past the crowds. If you have a reactive dog and wish to avoid crowds, there is a shortcut through the dunes (accessed from the left-hand side of the car park) that leads directly on to the beach further down.
The land owners would respectfully request that a sensible approach to dog ownership is exercised in keeping your pet on the lead whilst in the car park for their own safety.
There are numerous dog waste bins and bags are provided by the beach operators around the site, in easy to find locations. Please keep dogs on lead inside the fenced area of the dunes. Livestock updates and zoning information for Braunton Burrows can be found here.
Please find below a list of numbers that may be useful to you and your pet during your visit to Saunton Beach, we hope you enjoy your walk!
- Argyle Vetinary Clinic – (01271) 812405
- Charter Vets – (01271) 812160
- Mullacot Vetinary Centre – (01271) 866770
- Top and Tails (pet shop) – (01271) 814733
- Melian Pet Supplies – (01271) 813038
- North Devon Animal Ambulance – 07817 995751
- Dog Warden (North Devon District Council) – (01271) 327711 office hours (01271) 388240 – out of hours 327711